1.17.2007

I Believe That's What They Call Progress

The title of this post it in no way a reference to the way the Capitals played tonight. Sure, it was better than Saturday in Florida, but the Caps could have out a team of untrained squirrels out on the ice and they probably would have played better than the team that showed up in Sunrise. I'm not even going to bother recapping this one.

Instead, I'm going to spend some time reminding you about just how much your life sucks if you didn't attend the Caps Bloggers Happy Hour. This month's attendees were: A View From the Cheap Seats, Bettman Hates Hockey!, Capital Fanatic, Gustaffson from On Frozen Blog, William F. Yurasko, 1/2 Asian Man and Random Reality Thoughts. And me. Obviously. It was a heck of a good time and, as always, everybody far surpassed my expectations. The bar was really nice, too. I had never been to Bugsy's (f.k.a. The Penalty Box), and I encourage you to check it out if you get a chance. Because, seriously, an entire bar devoted to hockey. It's pretty neat.

Next up for the Caps Bloggers Happy Hour Series: I'm not sure. I'm shooting for one of the Caps-Pens games in February. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for organizing! It was nice to put a face to some of the other bloggers.

Rob said...

Thanks for hosting Kevin... a great time definitely (game not withstanding). Always good to put a face with a name -- and looking forward to future outings.

Allen Popels said...

It was a good time, too bad the game didn't turn out better.

CapsChick said...

Excellent, excellent job - great to see everyone!

As for the game...well, I choose to take the amnesia route myself. Game? What game?

DCSportsChick said...

Yay! I can definitely make one of the February games if it's on a weekend! Still bummed that I had to miss last night; Chanuck filled me in on all the fun.

chanuck said...

Totally awesome time. Especially since it was neutral game night for me. Suck Greener is out. Hopefully he is better before the All-Star break.