2.07.2007

Yes, It's That Time Again

This here blog may not be very good, but if there is at least one thing it is good at, it's uniting Caps fans with the lure of alcohol (also, hating on Dainius Zubrus). And so it is I'm pleased to announce the third edition of the Caps Bloggers Happy Hour. This time around, we'll be heading back to Bugsy's in Old Town Alexandria to take in the February 18th game between the Washington Capitals and the Pittsburgh Penguin Scum (a.k.a. the Kansas City Penguins, Flightless Sea Fowl etc. Take your pick).

As has been the case previously, your truly will be there about a half hour before the opening face off wearing my red white and blue hat (like this one) with Craig Laughlin's signature on it. So feel free to stop on by. (Seriously, please come. So far the only people who have said they'll be there are myself and Mr. and Mrs. DCSportsChick. That's only three people.) (Not that there's anything wrong with that. They are both excellent people.) (Also, screw you J.P. Nobody challenges me in a contest of parentheticals because I always win.)

7 comments:

Allen Popels said...

I should be able to make it.

CapsChick said...

To prove my multi-tasking ability, I shall now RSVP to the Caps blogger event whilst doing some self-promotion...after all, this is America, land of the shameless plug!

I'll definitely be at the blogger party - and speaking of blogs, check out my "Name That Player" contest currently underway over at A View from the Cheap Seats

I fully expect a few entries from you, Biff - I know how much you love those nicknames!

DCSportsChick said...

I think that was a backhanded compliment. But I'm not sure ;-P

I found an awesome place for the next outing! Not that Bugsy's isn't great, but this place has tons of hockey memorabilia (and Redskins, if you like that sort of thing) and very tasty food. Will tell you about it on Sunday.

Rob said...

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it as I'll be in Phoenix (assuming I can find a flight that actually will take off today).

Hope to catch another one as the last one I attended (against the Senators at Bugsy's) was a ton of fun!

Have fun and go Caps! :)

FS said...

I shall be at work, so I have to pass.

WFY said...

I think I'll crash this one too.

I guess I better post about the Caps again though.

JP said...

I wish I could make it, but am not quite feeling up to it. Next time for sure.